Friday, June 4, 2010

Tiny Dancer





Taylor's dance recital was on May 23. She was great! I must say, she has some natural talent, that I am pretty sure she got from me. She was so excited all morning as we got ready for her big performance! I even let her wear some makeup!! Her hair was full of spray glitter, too...don't you worry! She was 100% ready to perform.
Her first performance was a ballet number. She wore a black leotard with a frog costume on top. She was the best little frog! She twirrled on count, and smiled on cue! Yep, like I said, she's a natural!
Her next number was a tap dance to "Colonel's March". She wore an adorable pink and purple tutu with silver "sparklies". The "sparklies" were itcihng her so we sprinkled some fairy dust..aka baby powder, on the itchy spots.
The finale summed up the theme, "We're going to the Zoo". She wore a zebra print hat. Tay earned a metal for 2 years of dancing. She wore it around proudly all day!!
I am one proud momma! I love watching my little girl twirl around on stage, enjoying every minute of it. Each time she took the stage, tears started to form in my eyes. I can't believe she is such a big girl!
The recital ended with Tay being showered with flowers, like every dancer should be after a fabulous performance! Now, I've just got to find a way to keep her from wearing the outfits every single day?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
From Barbie to Batman is an appropriate title for this blog for numerous reasons. The obvious being that on any given day you will find at least one of our kids running around pretending to be a superhero, while another one is playing dress-up or playing Barbies. This does not fall into the gender stereo typical categories one would think, either. The boys enjoy dressing up just as much as the girls (high heels included) and the girls know more facts about Star Wars and superheroes than most adult men. That being said, we are a fun family full of adventures. It is time I share our stories so all may enjoy our crazy, blessed life.