Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Ahhhh....

I think I'll take a moment to breath. I am almost to the pint where I can relax. I say almost because I still have quite a bit to do. And to be honest, I think I'll be in this "almost" state for then next 18 years. But for now, I feel fairly confident that I am in a small state of "almost".
The new house is coming along nicely. We've had a few hiccups, but nothing major. At some point, I will finish painting. Daily I stare at my half-painted wall and it drives me crazy!! I do realize that since I am so OCD, the wall will be completely painted in no time. I visualize myself painting at midnight one night, when all the kids are asleep. I'm a strong believer in getting things done in the middle of the night. It seems to be one of the best times, in my book. It's one of the only times my house is quiet and someone is not needing something. Until that sleepless night comes, I'll just look at the half-painted wall, where my large cross will hang (see, I have it decorated...that's a good step, right?!).
Olivia is resting now in her swing, and Craig has the other kids out running erronds. I have taken this precious time to finish the dishes, and to start a load of laundry. I could not resisit a moment to blog. It's probably not the best way to spend these hard to come by minutes, but seeing as how we just got internet and cable today, I have some catching up to do!!
As soon as I have more complete around the house I will post some pictures. I have so many projects to tackle over the summer. If they turn out half as pretty as they look in my head, you'll all be impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
From Barbie to Batman is an appropriate title for this blog for numerous reasons. The obvious being that on any given day you will find at least one of our kids running around pretending to be a superhero, while another one is playing dress-up or playing Barbies. This does not fall into the gender stereo typical categories one would think, either. The boys enjoy dressing up just as much as the girls (high heels included) and the girls know more facts about Star Wars and superheroes than most adult men. That being said, we are a fun family full of adventures. It is time I share our stories so all may enjoy our crazy, blessed life.