Sunday, June 6, 2010

Kinder Awards




My little boy has completed Kindergarten! He is one smart cookie! He is reading on an almost second grade level, loves math, and most important, he is excited about school!
His award's assembly was bitter sweet. I can not believe how fast he is growing up, right before my eyes. There are many times when I want tom freeze time and hold onto him forever as my little man. I've convinced him that he needs a minimum of 100 kisses a day in order to grow. He has totally bought into this, with some wonderful help from friends and other teachers! I am now able to kiss all over his adorable little face whenever I want...afterall, I'm helping him grow!
He earned the Computer Award, Super Scientist Award, Writing Award, and of course, his Kinder Certificate of Completion. He was so excited when his teacher, Mrs. White called his name and awards. His face lights up when he smiles!
Now, we'll enjoy our summer before First Grade is tackled. I do, however, have to call him "My Big First Grader" now. This is the name is prefers at the moment. And I figure, if I am getting my 100 kisses in, I can handle a fabulous name like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

My photo
From Barbie to Batman is an appropriate title for this blog for numerous reasons. The obvious being that on any given day you will find at least one of our kids running around pretending to be a superhero, while another one is playing dress-up or playing Barbies. This does not fall into the gender stereo typical categories one would think, either. The boys enjoy dressing up just as much as the girls (high heels included) and the girls know more facts about Star Wars and superheroes than most adult men. That being said, we are a fun family full of adventures. It is time I share our stories so all may enjoy our crazy, blessed life.