Saturday, June 26, 2010

Collin's Baptism




Tonight was one of the most special moment I know I will ever have in my life. It was a night I will carry close to my heart forever. Tonight, Collin, made is Public Profession of Faith, and was baptized.
Collin has always been drawn to church. He loves reciting scripture and talking about Jesus dying on the cross. He has already begun spreading the Gospel! Mark my words, he's going to be a preacher one day!!! One example of his preaching abilities took place this past year in his Kinder class. One of his classmates made a comment (no idea what the comment was) and he stood up and proclaimed, "and that's why Jesus died on the cross"! AMEN! Who could argue with that?! He looks forward to going to church every week, and when asked what story he wants to read before bed, he always grabs his Bible. His favorite song is "Lead me to the Cross". He is my special little man, and I am so blessed to have him as my son.
Two weeks ago Collin started talking about wanting to get baptized (or as he calls it, "bap-a-tized"). I asked him if he understood what that meant and sure enough, he was able to tell me all about it. So the following Saturday night, June 12, at the end of the sermon, he said he wanted to talk to someone about being baptized.
Now, tonight was amazing. Like I said, it was a moment I will cherish forever, but the time we spent in the Hospitality Center at Lakepointe,the time when he poured his little heart out and accepted Jesus as his LORD and Savior is a moment that I hope is forever burned into my brain. I cried as I watch him pray like such a big boy. It was all I could do not to pull the camera out to capture every second!! But, I didn't. It wasn't the time or place. It was just a special, sacred moment, that we shared.
The other kids were so excited about Collin's decision. For the most part, they understand what he is doing, but none of them can say it. Caleb says Collin is being "avaporized" and Taylor says he's being "appatized". I love it! It makes me smile hearing them just as sincere as can be talking about his "avaporizing, bap-a-tism, appatized".
Sean was able to baptize Collin tonight. All of our family and friends were there to celebrate with us. I cried as I watch him. It was such a beautiful time! Collin was full of smiles for the entire evening!
Afterwards, we all came back to the house and enjoyed pizza, salads, and cupcakes. We sang "Happy Birthday to You" in honor of his new birthday! The kids played, the adults laughed, it was one of the best nights I've had in a long time.

Thank you, Jesus, for my wonderful, special gift, Collin! I am so proud of the decision he has made and I know he will do great things for the glory of you!

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
From Barbie to Batman is an appropriate title for this blog for numerous reasons. The obvious being that on any given day you will find at least one of our kids running around pretending to be a superhero, while another one is playing dress-up or playing Barbies. This does not fall into the gender stereo typical categories one would think, either. The boys enjoy dressing up just as much as the girls (high heels included) and the girls know more facts about Star Wars and superheroes than most adult men. That being said, we are a fun family full of adventures. It is time I share our stories so all may enjoy our crazy, blessed life.