Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy Half Birthday, Olivia!




Happy Half Birthday, Olivia! I can not believe you are already 6 months old!
We have been blessed beyond words with you, baby girl. Every day you light up our world just the with your smile. I love hearing your little "coos" and "mamamama..." And this is just the beginning. Each day a new sound escapes your beautiful little mouth and your eyes light up at a new thing you're seeing for the first time. You're recognizing voices, faces, places. You are truely amaizing.
Tonight you will have your first food. I know you've had cereal and the best milk ever made (thanks to me) and the occassional lick of ice cream, but you will get actual baby food. I am so excited! I just know you're going to love it! I wonder what will be your favorite...carrots, green beans, bananas? If you're anything like me, you will love mexican food. I am sad to say, that does not come in baby food form. I will make that happen for you as soon as I can find a way to without hurting your precious tummy. You have my word.
I will not go on and on about every single adorable thing you have done the past 6 months. I will, however, share some of my favorites.
I love waking up to your sweet face. Your smile and bright blue eyes capture my heart. I love the way you touch my face and talk away to me in a language only we understand. I am amazed at how patient you are with your brothers and sister. You are extremelly easy going until you've had enough, then, you let us all know what you think! I love how determined you are to sit up and play. You have never liked lying down. Any day now you'll be crawling, then walking.....
Oh baby, the places you will go!
I love you more than I will ever be able to put into words, but I promise to show you daily. Your daddy and I pray for you daily and know that God is alreay hard at work in your life. I can hardly wait to see what He has in store.
Once again, Happy Half Birthday, Doodle Bop. I love you fierce!

"The Lord bless you and keep you, the Lord make his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace." Numbers 6:24-26

1 comment:

Followers

About Me

My photo
From Barbie to Batman is an appropriate title for this blog for numerous reasons. The obvious being that on any given day you will find at least one of our kids running around pretending to be a superhero, while another one is playing dress-up or playing Barbies. This does not fall into the gender stereo typical categories one would think, either. The boys enjoy dressing up just as much as the girls (high heels included) and the girls know more facts about Star Wars and superheroes than most adult men. That being said, we are a fun family full of adventures. It is time I share our stories so all may enjoy our crazy, blessed life.