Sunday, March 7, 2010

Arboretum for Livie Pics!
















Our Saturday morning began full-speed ahead! I wanted to get to the Arboretum first thing to miss the HUGE rush of people that would be there on opening day of Dallas Blooms. I bathed Olivia and fixed her hair (or shall I say, tried to tame it) and then I woke Taylor up. I asked Tay if she wanted to go take pictures of Livie with me. Of course she said, yes, and then her smart little 3 year old mind went into action! As I was pulling a pair of pants and a t-shirt out of her drawers, she sweetly said, "Mommy, I want to wear a dress". Hmmm.... That was followed with, "Mommy, I want to wear a pretty bow in my hair, too". I was starting to catch on, don't worry. So, both of my girls were dolled up and off we went!





The Arboretum is a beautiful, magical place! I had forgotten just how breath taking it is. I think it's one of those places where one just feels a little closer to God. Since it was Opening Day, photographers were lined up at the entrance ready for it to open. I was early enough to hop in line with them! I wish I could say that I am just such a great planner that I planned on being there at that time, etc, BUT the truth is that the idea of tons of traffic, the kind of traffic that comes with Opening Day of Dallas Blooms, scares me to death!





My friend,Shannon, the photographer, met up with us, and off we went! Shannon is a great photographer! She knew what pictures she wanted, where to go, etc. I just followed along and changed Olivia's tutu when told to-lol. The pictures are going to be beautiful! I can not wait to see them! She wore a light pink tutu for a few of the pictures and a deep red tutu for others. Flowers, a bench, and water fountains were the background. Olivia was perfect for the pictures, too. No fussing, or anything. She even sat up by herself for about 3 seconds for a few of them!! And, yes, Taylor's plan worked out...as I was changing Olivia in and out of her tutus, Shannon asked if she could snap a few pictures of Taylor. So, Taylor had a few pictures taken. Shannon's daughter, Hannah, was there as well, and she took some candid pictures of them playing as well. (Taylor had fun playing with "the girl whos name is like Hannah Montana" and keeps asking when she'll see her again!)





After the professional pictures, I took some not-so-professional pictures around the Arboretum of Taylor. Olivia was sleeping on me in her Mei Tai. I guess the life of a model is exhausting!





2 comments:

  1. They were beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great time! The arboretum is a GREAT place for pictures!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
From Barbie to Batman is an appropriate title for this blog for numerous reasons. The obvious being that on any given day you will find at least one of our kids running around pretending to be a superhero, while another one is playing dress-up or playing Barbies. This does not fall into the gender stereo typical categories one would think, either. The boys enjoy dressing up just as much as the girls (high heels included) and the girls know more facts about Star Wars and superheroes than most adult men. That being said, we are a fun family full of adventures. It is time I share our stories so all may enjoy our crazy, blessed life.