Monday, March 1, 2010

Girls' Day!

Taylor, Olivia, Gram and I had a girl's day on Saturday, February 20th. It was filled with lunch and a day at the "spa" (aka: Sweet and Sassy).









Taylor is almost 4 and she just had her first hair cut. If it weren't for the fact that her hair was so long that it was falling into the toilet, I would not have had it cut yet. She has such beautiful hair! She knows she has beautiful hair, too. When someone tells her that her hair is pretty, she says, "I know". It makes me laugh! So...she got her hair cut. All the dead ends were cut off and boy has it helped with the tangle situation! She wasn't sure what to think about the situation. She knew she was at Sweet and Sassy, which made her super excited, but she normally gets her hair fixed like a "rock star". This was not the case on this day. Though she did get glitter sprayed in it when she was done. This made her happy! (I think I was washing glitter off her scalp for the next 3 days). She looked like such a little diva when she got her nails done at the same time her hair was being done. It was the cutest thing!! Now, one might assume the nail color we choose was pink....one would be wrong. Tay wanted every other nail painted blue and purple, like Aunt Kimmie. It actually turned out nice. I'm just thankful she didn't decide she liked Aunt Kimmie's black nails. :) Once she was all dolled up, she took a stroll on the runway! She's a natural model! Olivia was not left out of this adventure, don't you worry! Glittery stars were not only placed on big sissy's cheeks, but on hers as well.
For lunch Taylor wanted to eat at Genghis Griddle (Genghis grill). She knew exactly how she wanted her bowl made as we walked through the line. I think she started feeling a little big for her britches as she pranced around the restaurant! She ate enough to be full, but not too full....she wanted a milk shake for dessert. So, a pink (strawberry) milkshake was dessert.
It was wonderful spending the day with my girls and my mom. I am so blessed to the mommy of two such beautiful, sweet angels!



1 comment:

  1. I need to spend more time with Taylor, she is such a princess! She brought smiles to my face the entire time I read this.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
From Barbie to Batman is an appropriate title for this blog for numerous reasons. The obvious being that on any given day you will find at least one of our kids running around pretending to be a superhero, while another one is playing dress-up or playing Barbies. This does not fall into the gender stereo typical categories one would think, either. The boys enjoy dressing up just as much as the girls (high heels included) and the girls know more facts about Star Wars and superheroes than most adult men. That being said, we are a fun family full of adventures. It is time I share our stories so all may enjoy our crazy, blessed life.