Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Going Bonkers!











Going Bonkers kept me from going bonkers at home with the kids today! Spring Break is supposed to be sunny and warm, not rainy and cold. Thank goodness Brandie invited us to Going Bonkers today! The kids had an absolute blast! And I'm happy to report that we only had a few meltdowns today. Taylor did not want to wear her princess tennis shoes today. She wanted to wear her boots. Now, I know what you're thinking..."what would it have hurt for her to wear her brown boots?" It would have hurt absolutely nothing. However, I didn't want her to wear them and as her mother I can make that decision. I was enforcing the "because I said so" law 100%. That problem was quickly solved when I showed her picture of where we were going (LOVE the internet) and explained that only little girls that wear tennis shoes are allowed in.




Problem #1 solved! So...30 minutes after our departure time, 1 problem down, missing cell phone found, three kids happy and loaded in the car, off we went!





Going Bonkers is a wonderful place to take your kids! It was crazy packed today because it's Spring Break, but it was still great for the kids! Everyone in your group gets a matching stamp so no one can wonder off with a stranger. And, let me tell you, they actually check the stamps to make sure the kids you're trying to leave with belong to you. If you have any questions about this, just ask Brandie :)





I sat back with Olivia, and watched Caleb, Collin, and Taylor play. They were all over the place! It took a trained eye to find them in the massive jungle gym amongst all the other kids. Note to self: dress them in matching neon next time. We played for a good 2 1/2 hours before they were exhausted and hungry.





So, off we went, and that is when meltdown #2 occurred. It was a nightmare in the parking lot! There was a very big tow truck parked right behind me. Whatever he had going on set off a car alarm, people were coming and going left and right, I was trying not to get lost following Brandie...whew! I think that's it. It was a small, short lived moment, but it was a moment none the less.

Lunch was at McDonald's. I truely think everyone in a 10 mile radius chose to eat at that same McDonald's today. They were out of the scheduled happy meal toys becuase of the crowd. Thank goodness the substitute toys the kids got resembled an ipod,otherwise I would've had 3 unhappy kids! In less than 15 minutes, 2 cheeseburgers, 1 order of chicken nuggets, fries, and milk were gone. Off the kids went to play until they were too tired to walk straight. Now, after all this playing you'd think they would crash in the car. I know if I weren't the one driving, I'd crash in the car. Nope, they were wide awake, or at least looked wide awake. Their eyes remained open, but not a peep came out of them. Once home everyone crawled in bed and rested. Taylor crashed first, and the boys followed. As soon as Olivia is asleep, this tired mom is taking herself a nap as well.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for coming! Look at you blogging, so quickly, you beat me! It was fun, despite the meltdowns, I'll be sure to add my take on them as well.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

About Me

My photo
From Barbie to Batman is an appropriate title for this blog for numerous reasons. The obvious being that on any given day you will find at least one of our kids running around pretending to be a superhero, while another one is playing dress-up or playing Barbies. This does not fall into the gender stereo typical categories one would think, either. The boys enjoy dressing up just as much as the girls (high heels included) and the girls know more facts about Star Wars and superheroes than most adult men. That being said, we are a fun family full of adventures. It is time I share our stories so all may enjoy our crazy, blessed life.